Sunday, August 8, 2010

No Regrets.....

     No regrets, that's what I woke up to this morning, echoing over and over in my head......Hey Meliss, no regrets.

     It's been awhile and I thought maybe I was finished with writing but the thoughts keep coming and I can't suppress them, so I guess I need to keep writing them down. For some it might be hard to accept but my father keeps "talking" to me in my dreams and once I understand what he is trying to tell me it stops and I think to myself "that's it" but then it starts again with another topic. So, no matter which way you turn even in sleep you have thoughts, shaving my legs brings me to tears, why you ask, well I would try to keep Dad shaved (that's a whole other story) and without fail I end up in tears and laughing while I'm shaving my legs. Sure makes that chore interesting!

     So back to the No Regrets thing, well for me I have this bad habit of should haves, and I can go back a long time with the should haves and could haves.  Now I know all of us have somethings we regret and so did Dad, but he didn't live a life of regrets.  If I chose a theme song for Dad it would have to be Zipadeedoda, just sing those words and that was the way Dad lived even when there was not plenty of sunshine heading his way you wouldn't know it.

No regrets, I guess that's another one of the lessons my father is trying ot teach me. Dad had no regrets over having the surgery, he was looking forward to the adventure and being better than ever. Maybe he had concerns in the back of his mind but you did not hear or see them. He fought, he fought long and he fought hard again with no regrets I'm sure. Now I have to get my theme over to Zipadeedoda, with a little of Ol' Blue-eyes "My Way"...........

No comments:

Post a Comment